In these general conditions the following terms are defines as stated below:
- Principal or client: A natural person or legal entity commissioning Empire.
- Empire: Empire including the natural persons and legal entities who are directly or indirectly associated with Empire and who are in any way involved in the services offered by Empire or who are engaged by Empire, although fully on their own account and for their own risk;
- Assignment: The agreement to provide services between Empire and the client and/or one or more other contractor, whereby client commits to pay a broker fee or a compensation on project or hourly basis and whereby Empire commits to operate in the conclusion of agreements pertaining to real estate and/or perform sales and advisory activities regarding real estate projects in the widest sense.
- Services: brokerage services pertaining to the purchase, sale, rent or lease of real estate, the appraisal of real estate, the management of real estate, partial and other services offered by Empire.
- Fee: The price for the services rendered by Empire in connection with the assignment, including the broker fee (sub6).
- Broker fee: The fee that is due pertaining to brokerage in the purchase, sale, rent or lease of real estate.